Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Why I Like Open-Ended Questions

I know I've posted about this topic before, but I wanted to share something one of my kiddos wrote yesterday on her weekly assessment. We have been talking about technology in Social Studies and although most of them could name a kind of technology (which was my multiple choice question) I wanted to see if they could apply what they learned about it. So my question was "Technology helps us...." and they had to finish the sentence. Many of them who answered correctly wrote: learn, communicate, have fun. This was the answer I was most impressed by:


Out of the mouths of babes! Her mom said that she has that conversation with her all the time because the student doesn't want to put down the ipad and play with her. I never in a million years would have thought of that answer as a multiple choice question. That's my favorite reason for using open-ended questions-they always impress me with what they can come up with!







1 comment :