Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Future 1st Graders

I love to see the advice my students want to pass on to the students coming up next year:


He remembered this quote that I gave them one day for their quote journals. It's from the book Wonder "remember if you have a choice of being right and being kind, choose kind".  They do pay attention sometimes! :)






I love that! They did have the same teacher that they had last year, so I guess that is possible for everyone! :)

You will have fun with water balloons on Field Day-one of their favorite memories.

This was one of my students who really struggled with reading.

My advice is have fun in doing new things in class and when you step right into class, show gratitude.

When you make new friends, make sure they are good.




I had several students who just would not complete their work--ever. They weren't fooling around or doing off-task things, just sitting there "thinking" forever. I didn't know what to do with them or how to do grades their incomplete work. I started telling them that I was going to call their moms to sit next to them so they could see they weren't doing their work-that turned out to be pretty effective!



First Grade is cool-in math you learn regrouping, reading-inferences, science-landforms and in social studies-environment.










1 comment :